Hope you have been doing well. We are happy to share with you the most recent Salestio Updates. During these weeks, our team has been working on giving more flexibility and adjustability to Salestio for the specific preferences of our users.
Also, we keep working on improving the beta version of our Etsy integration and on adjusting product creation functionality for the Amazon listings.
As always, if you have any suggestions or ideas on how we can make Salestio better, feel free to contact us at email@example.com, or share your ideas on our roadmap.
Support to the metafields with the Image and Dimensions types
If you are looking into ways to add more data to your Shopify product pages, using the metafields might be a good option for you. You can use in-built Shopify functionality to add metafields (Shopify Settings > Custom Data), or you can use different apps to add the metafields.
Salestio has been supporting metafields for quite a long time. If you wonder how to use metafields in Salestio, feel free to check this article from our blog.
Recently, we added support to two more metafield data types in Salestio. They are:
You can use them, for example, to add more product data to the Description Template when sending products as well as adding item specifics for eBay products.
To use the metafields of this type in Salestio, add the metafield type, add the actual data to these metafields on Shopify product pages, configure the metafields in the Description Template or in the Creation profile, and send the products.
Note! Salestio pulls the metafields data from your Shopify store every 4 hours. If you would like to get these data faster, you can trigger the Refresh Metafields from Salestio > Settings.
Custom email address for the imported orders
To be able to create the order in Shopify. the email address of a customer is required. It is no exception when creating Shopify orders from the imported Amazon and eBay orders.
By default, the email address added to the Shopify order is shown the way it exists on the Amazon/eBay order. This might be not the best behavior for your specific store. If you have the email notifications configured in Shopify when fulfilling the orders, your buyers will receive these emails from your Shopify store.
Salestio has a workaround for the cases when you do not want to add the actual users' email addresses when creating the orders in Shopify. You can configure a dummy email address format. The orders will be created in the selected format. Since the email addresses are not real, actual buyers will not receive the emails.
You can add this configuration in Salestio > Settings. Select the added account and choose one of the three options.
- in the order (Default)
- with selected email. Here, you can create a custom email box with your store domain or any other mailbox. When selected, the email notifications will go to this address
- with the selected custom domain. In this case, you can configure the format of the created email address to firstname.lastname@example.org
Support for Product Category in the Creation Profile
With this task, we added a new option to the mapping condition in the Creation profile. When adding a mapping you can now select one of the following conditions or even combine them.
The category can be set on the product page on Shopify. Shopify allows selecting one of the standard product categories
- Product Type
- Product Collection
Note! When adding a mapping condition, it is important that at least one Active product with the actual data existed in Shopify. For example, if you would like to add a mapping for the Product Category "Shirts & Tops", at least one Active product with this value should exist in Shopify before you start adding the mapping.
Settings for Active, Drafts, and Archived products
To simplify the search and display of the products when adding them to Salestio, we added the default behavior that only Active Shopify products are shown in Salestio. It helps to avoid showing and sending the products that are Drafts or Archived in Shopify.
However, it might not be the best option for all sellers. Some sellers keep the products in Draft not to show them on your online store but still be able to send them to the connected marketplace(s).
You can modify what products can be added to Salestio in Salestio > Settings. Possible options:
- Active (selected by default, cannot be unchecked)
Note! If you just enabled Drafts or Archived products in Salestio Settings, please give the app some time to pull data from your Shopify store.
- Stock updates on Etsy for the products with 0 qty
- Full Update option for Etsy
- Clean up Product Description on Etsy
- QTY and Price sync when initially sending products to Amazon
- Sending parent and variation images to eBay for the products with variations
- Fixed duplicated images for eBay listings
- Connecting from Amazon inventory if the products have been already tried to send but resulted in Linking Error
- Price Template layout improvements
- Show channel for the imported orders in Shopify
We had a couple of cases when users requested custom adjustments to their Salestio installations. Here is what we customized for them:
- added eBay shipping mapping due to different names in shipping carriers on Shopify and eBay. When sending the fulfillment details to eBay, eBay requires that the shipping carrier existed with a specific name. Sometimes, these names might be a bit different on Shopify and eBay. With this customization, we added the shipping mapping that allows updating eBay orders with the fulfillment details accepted by the platform.
- displayed Amazon order IDs as attributes to Notes / Additional details. This option might be useful if you add more automation to your orders processing flow and would like that the data are automatically taken and pasted.
- displayed more than 50 Creation profiles per page. By default, Salestio does not show more than 50 profiles per page. If you need to add more mappings, it is possible to add multiple mappings to one Creation profile. This way is actually more efficient than adding numerous Creation profiles. However, there are specific cases when users actually need to add more profiles. We enabled this option for one of Salestio's users.
We keep working on adjusting the product creation process for Amazon listings. Adding new products might be a bit tricky even if you do so directly from your Seller Central account. We are trying to make the whole process more user-friendly.
Currently, we are working on the ability to create new Amazon products with variations. Stay tuned!
Product creation on Amazon
As a user, I would like to be able to create new listings on Amazon from my Shopify products.
Each connected platform has its specifics in the means of creating new listings and connecting to the existing products on your account. Etsy is no exception to this process.
Our team keeps working on the functionality to connect to existing listings on Etsy.
Also, recently, we receive a couple of valuable feedbacks from our users that allowed us to improve the ability to list new products on Etsy. Some of the tasks have been completed, and some are still for us to do. Wait to hear more from us!
As a Shopify store owner, I would like to expand my sales to Etsy. Can you add this integration to Salestio?